Cleaning Tips for Matte Black
Caring for Your Matte Black Fixtures
Matte Black has become a popular option that adds a sophisticated flair to your bathroom fixtures and a timeless elegance. Now, how do you keep your fixtures looking fresh with that velvety finish? Here are a few tips:
- Avoid using caustic chemicals such as Limeaway or SoftScrub. Abrasive cleaners will damage the finish.
- Take care using your faucets so as not to damage or scratch the surface with jewelry such as rings. Just as the finish on a beautiful new car will scratch without proper care, so will your fixtures.
- Use a mild mixture of White Vinegar, Dawn Dish Soap, and warm water. Mix in a spray bottle. Using this routinely will clean away any white rings or droplet spots left on the surface. Use a microfiber cloth when cleaning with this solution.
- Should you have a heavier water scale left on your shower head, we recommend wrapping a plastic bag full of the above solution around the showerhead and letting it sit for a few hours. This will help descale the nozzles and return the shower head to its clean black finish.
There are a few simple steps you can do no matter what brand or finish of the faucet you have that can help extend the life of your faucet.
- How long do faucets usually last?
- How do I keep my faucet looking new?
- Check out three simple tips to extend the lifetime of your faucet.
From our research, a good quality faucet that is well maintained should last between 15-25 years.
How do you know if you need maintenance on your faucet?
A good rule of thumb is if you notice a change in your flow pattern. Usually, this is a pretty abrupt and obvious issue as the water will start spraying rather than being aerated with a nice flow.
Maintenance on the faucet's needs may vary based on a few factors such as the general quality of water in the area you are located and the hardness of the water.